Convent of Santo António dos Capuchos

R. Miguel Franco 10, 2400-137 Leiria, Portugal

Upon request

Description

Classified as IIP – Property of Public Interest – the Convent of Santo António dos Capuchos was established in the seventeenth century, in 1657, by D. Pedro Vieira da Silva (then Secretary of State, but who became Bishop of Leiria).

It has a harmonious façade, typical of the Capuchin convents. There are still visible murals that decorate the walls of the main nave, as well as records of tile coverings. The main portal of the church is also seventeenth century.

In 1770 it was the object of extension works.

In the nineteenth century it was also the target of new works of alteration and extension, being presently composed of several bodies built perpendicularly around a cloister and a courtyard.

All the built area and public place will be affected by the concession.

The permitted use for the concession of the property will be a hotel establishment, establishment of local accommodation, in the form of lodging establishment, or other project of touristic purpose.

 

More information at:

revive_concursos@turismodeportugal.pt

http://revive.turismodeportugal.pt/pt-pt/convento-capuchos

 

 

  • Address: R. Miguel Franco 10, 2400-137 Leiria, Portugal
  • City: Leiria
  • State/county: Leiria
  • Zip/Postal Code: 2400-137
  • Country: Portugal, Portuguese Republic

Detail

  • Property ID: 5300
  • Property Size: 3668 m²
  • Land Area: 7195 m²
  • Property Type: Other
  • Property Status: Vacant

Contact info

Programa REVIVE
Programa REVIVE
211140581

Inquire about this property