Quinta do Paço de Valverde (Évora)

Valverde, Freguesia de Nossa Senhora da Tourega

Upon request

Description

Classified as Property of Public Interest and just a few kilometres from the city of Évora, this building is located in an idyllic and harmonious rural landscape, where an aqueduct, ponds and fountains in the gardens form a very special water system. It is an episcopal palace dating back to the start of the 16th century, close to the Valverde river, built on the initiative of the diocese or the bishop of Évora to act as a place of rest for its members and, later, as convent of Capuchin friars (1517).There are many architectural remains of the original building, some Manueline in style such as the small chapel in the convent courtyard. The highlight in what is known as the Garden of Jericho, is the Lago dos Cardeais (Cardinals’ Pond), decorated around a statue of Moses.

The permitted use for the concession of the property will be of an hotel establishment.

 

More information at:

revive_concursos@turismodeportugal.pt

https://revive.turismodeportugal.pt/pt-pt/quinta-valverde

  • Address: Valverde, Freguesia de Nossa Senhora da Tourega
  • City: Évora
  • State/county: Évora
  • Zip/Postal Code: 7000
  • Country: Portugal, Portuguese Republic

Detail

  • Property ID: 5665
  • Property Size: 5978 m²
  • Land Area: 23000 m²
  • Property Type: Hotel
  • Property Status: Occupied

Contact info

Programa REVIVE
Programa REVIVE
211140581

Inquire about this property